Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Entry website. The British Academy of Film and Television Arts and BAFTA Management Limited (jointly referred to as "BAFTA") provides you its services and access to use this site ("bafta.org") subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect on the date which you first use the site. BAFTA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
2. Material contained in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of BAFTA. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons identifying or relating to BAFTA and/or the its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5. In no event will BAFTA be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
6. BAFTA does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will BAFTA be held liable for any errors, defects, viruses, bugs, delays in uploading or delays in transmission.
7. You agree that you are responsible for ensuring the entry video adheres to the correct specifications as outlined in the BAFTA Rule Book and further that you will preview the video once uploaded and prior to submission to ensure it meets these specifications. In no event will BAFTA be responsible for any entries that do not meet the specifications or are not in the correct format.
8. The names, images and logos identifying BAFTA and/or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of BAFTA and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of BAFTA or any other third party.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining term and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
12. Refunds may only be given at the discretion of the management. Please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 7292 5823.
13. The following cards are accepted:
1. Screeners (including digital screeners) should be treated as a supplement to the other opportunities to see the entered content. Voting members are strongly encouraged to view eligible material throughout the year, by attending the cinema, watching television or playing games (as appropriate).
2. The delivery of screeners (including digital screeners), screening invitations or other relevant voting materials from outside parties is provided at the discretion of the entrants and are not guaranteed to every voting member; they should therefore not be considered to be a right or benefit of membership.
3. Neither the Academy nor outside parties can enter into correspondence regarding the distribution of specific screeners (including digital screeners) or screening invites.
4. Screeners (including digital screeners) are provided for promotional commercial purposes only; specifically for personal viewing for consideration for the EE British Academy Film Awards/British Academy Games Awards/All British Academy Film and Television Awards.
5. Any screener (or digital screener) sent remains the property of the distributor which has provided it who may request its return (at their cost) after the EE British Academy Film Awards/British Academy Games Awards/All British Academy Film and Television Awards;
6. Screeners (including digital screeners) must not be distributed, loaned, sold or given to anyone and not reproduced by any means. Use of the Viewing Portal is for the sole use of BAFTA members/jurors and must not be shared with any other individual.
7. Any theft or loss of screeners (including digital screeners) must be reported to the Academy immediately.
Any breach of this agreement may result in loss of membership of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, and if appropriate, legal action.